Donations offer the opportunity to fill gaps in the collection, to replace material in poor condition due to high usage, and to expand collecting into areas of high demand or emerging public interest. If we are unable to utilize a donation in our collection, we ask for permission to add it to our stock of used books to be sold in our annual book sale.
Our Annual September Book Sale would not be possible without your support. Proceeds from the sale of donations benefit the Caney City Library.
The Library is grateful to anyone who wishes to donate material however, a few restrictions are necessary.
· Gently used children’s books
· Fiction and nonfiction
· Travel books from the last five years
· Homeschool textbooks from the last five years
· Current college textbooks (older, gently used ones may be accepted)
· Books related to computers or finance from the last four years
· Popular legal books (intended for laypeople) from the last five years
· Medical and nursing textbooks from the last two years
· Publications about Kansas
· Any Kansas school yearbook
· Commercially-produced CDs, DVDs and Blu-rays
· Sheet music and music books
· Area genealogy material
Things to Consider
Before You Donate…
Ask, “Is it in good condition?”
All items must be clean, dry, and mold-free.
We do not accept items that are dirty, moldy, burnt, chewed, wet, pest infested, unhealthy to handle, or have an odor.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept
· Books missing covers or pages
· VHS tapes or audiocassettes
· Time Life or National Geographic series
Small Donations: Take them to the Library during open hours.
Large Donations: To make arrangements for the drop-offs, call 620-879-5341.
Please do not leave donations outside of the Library. Bring them during open hours.