Caney City Library Virtual Summer Reading Program 2020 –
In-person events and programs may have been postponed, but kids of all ages can still take part in Caney City Library’s annual Summer Reading Program. The theme is “Imagine Your Story,” and is a celebration of fairy tales, mythology, magical creatures, and the hero’s story.
- Register to join on our website, Caney City
REGISTRATION BEGINS JUNE 1ST AND RUNS THROUGH JUNE 30TH.
- The first week of July, we will have packets ready to pick up curbside at the Library.
- You will be invited to join a secret Library Summer Reading Facebook page, where you can share with other Summer Reading participants, if you wish.
- The Facebook page will include virtual story time, craft instruction for the crafts, and other fun ideas as we go along.
When: The month of July 2020
More Details: Virtual Summer Reading highlights include:
- Reading Bingo challenges for all age groups. Sign-up at Caney City Library
- Weekly packet pick-ups for age groups. Secret Facebook page to share with other Summer Reading friends. Packet completion goals, online story time, craft instruction, and more!
More Information: All of the library’s Virtual Summer Reading Program events are free to Caney City Library patrons. To register, or learn more, visit Caney City Library
Disclaimer: This event is subject to last minute cancellations and changes which might not be reflected in this post. Please always confirm by calling the Library at 620-879-5341 or checking our Facebook page for any updates.
What a time to be alive! We have missed our patrons so much and can’t wait to have everyone back. Luna is most definitely ready to see her people again! As we begin this process, we have to move slowly to ensure everyone’s safety. With that in mind, we will be doing the following:
Starting today, Caney City Library will be accepting previously checked-out Library materials into the book return on the south side of the building. We will not be accepting any book donations at this time.
The safety of our patrons, staff and community are our highest priority, and we are working diligently behind the scenes to plan our re-open in steps that will maintain this goal. As we await the arrival of our additional safety equipment, we will continue to offer our digital services, links and virtual story times on our Facebook page.
Beginning May 11th, we will offer curbside pick-up between the hours of 2pm and 6pm MTWF, and between the hours of 10am to 1pm on Thursdays and Saturdays. The front doors will continue to be locked and all pick-ups will be managed through the south door. All returns need to be made through the book drop on the south side of the building.
May 11th patrons will be able to go to our SEKnFind website www.seknfind.org and place holds for materials in our Library. Requests for sharing materials between libraries will not begin again until May 25th. Patrons can also call the library or send a Facebook message to place holds on materials. The Library phone number is 620-879-5341.
We appreciate your support as we begin this process. As you know, the situation remains fluid, and we will adapt changes as necessary. We will continue to post updates to our Facebook page and our website, www.caney.mykansaslibrary.org .